Comment on page
Creating and Approving Purchase Orders
The purchase order document indicates the items, quantities, and agreed prices of the products or services issued by the buyer to the seller.
Creating Purchase Orders
Approving Purchase Orders
Go to Stockroom > Purchase Order and select Create Purchase Order button.
The next page will let you record the transaction. To choose an item, scan the barcode or enter the stock number on the search field above to add the product to the list.
Or you can find the item from the product list panel on the right side of the screen.
Once you add the product to the transaction, you can change the following:
- Cost – The cost shown here is the reference cost (the cost you entered when you created the item). You can edit this to reflect the supplier price.
- Quantity – You should enter how many of the items have been bought from your supplier.
- Discount – If the supplier gave you a discount, you may input it here.
Fill up other important information before clicking the DONE button.
- Supplier Name – The name of the supplier who will sell you the items. This field is required.
- Target Delivery Date – The date when you expect the items are to be delivered. This field is required.
- Reference – Enter here any reference number that you have (for example, if you have a matching physical document for this transaction). This field is optional.
- Remarks – Enter any notes you have for this transaction. This field is optional.
Once you finalize all the details, click the DONE button to create a pending P.O document. You should see the pending purchase order on the list.
Click on a pending purchase order to open it. Review the contents and just click the Approve button.
Ideally, another person should review and approve the purchase order, and not also the one that created it.
On the next screen, the approver can edit the contents of the purchase order before clicking the Approve button again.
You should then see the purchase order listed as Approved.
When it is time to receive the purchase order, just open it and click the Receive button.
Then enter the actual received quantity and click the Accept button.
You should then see the purchase order listed as Received.